Friday, October 12, 2012

S'mores Yogurt Parfait



I'm always looking for after-school snacks that are healthy-ish, and more importantly, filling. But I can only feed my kids vanilla yogurt so many times before they start eyeing the cookie jar. I have tried to distract them with things like banana "ice cream" and frozen yogurt drops. Here is what I came up with today.

Ingredients for 2 servings:
3 full graham crackers
1 cup low calorie vanilla yogurt
2 tbsp chocolate chips

I put the graham crackers in the food processor and pulsed it a few times to make coarse crumbs. I put about 1/4 of the crumbs in the bottom of each glass. Then I put a 1/4 cup yogurt on top of that. Next I layered 2 tsp chocolate chips in each of the cups. Topped the chips with an additional 1/4 cup of yogurt each. Split the remainder of the graham crackers between the two cups on top of the second yogurt layer. Garnished with the remaining chocolate chips.


I am getting a round of applause over the head with a mouth full of snack!
 They gobbled these up happily and ran off to play. I did not hear one "I'm hungry" or "When is dinner?" or "Can I have a snack" for three hours! At three hours, my answer was, "Dinner's ready! Yay!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment