Monday, April 23, 2012

T-shirt Upgrade

I have been so busy at work lately that I haven't been able to do many projects. Tonight I had a few free moments and pulled this little project together.

If I haven't mentioned it before, I love upcycled t-shirt projects! I had this shirt in my craft stash that I had picked up at a thrift shop a while back for $2. I had tossed it in the washer back when I bought it and at that time my husband tried to claim it for himself because it was so soft. I was ready to make it mine tonight!

The coveted heather blue shirt
 I layed it out flat and drew a straight line on the front side and back side just where the bottom of the sleeve met the shirt.
Using that line as a guide, I shirred five rows. Then I trimmed the sleeves a bit shorter, cut some excess off the bottom, and cut the ribbed collar off the neck. I didn't hem the sleeves or the bottom of the shirt. I left the original neck hem in place.

The finished product:

An easy and comfortable shirt for spring!

Total cost: $2

Total time: 30 min

Final verdict: I am totally going to be wearing this. It is perfect for those days when you just want to wear a t-shirt but don't want to look like a slob!

2 comments:

  1. You were wearing this today (4/24) right? Looked very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! It was so comfortable. You might see it often.

    ReplyDelete