Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pin 57

Original pin:
Pinned Image
http://prudentbaby.com/2012/03/link-love-2/link-love-5/attachment/spring-collage/

Specifically interested in the top row, first two items. This link was purely a picture. No directions, no source for the image. I thought they'd make a cute gift when paired together.

I have a wedding shower to attend soon so I decided to use this pinspiration for the gift. I checked out the registry to find out her kitchen colors and did my best to match.

In no time at all a couple of wooden utensils and some flour sack towels became a one-of-a-kind wedding gift. Hope she doesn't mind that it wasn't on her registry!!

I guess I could have stuck with the original pin and done solid colors on the spoons, but I just love the imperfect look of hand painted

Wrapped up and ready to gift!
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Total cost: Can't say--its a gift. I will just say it is affordable.

Final verdict: I think it is cute and would love getting it for a gift. I love handmade over store bought any day. One thing I try to teach my kids about gift giving is that part of the gift is that the person took the time to think about something really special that the recipient would like and put their time and effort into making it happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment