Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pin 22

Original Pin:

Grapefruit_rect540


A cute little natural bird feeder.

I had a few oranges lying around that weren't getting eaten and I thought this would be fun for the boys to help with. It turned into a project just for mommy. I couldn't get either of them interested in mixing birdseed with peanut butter or eating orange slices or anything. They were content to sit at the window watching Daddy walk back and forth with the lawn mower. Seriously? Was it really that boring?

I had two oranges so I made four feeders. I finally got Luke's interest when I went to hang them on our backyard tree. He was good to hang one and then he was off.

Here they are on our still-leaf-less maple. It is always the last one to start budding in the spring.
Overflowing with birdie-goodness

This one wouldn't hang straight so I tucked it into a crook.
And now we wait for little birdies to gobble it up.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Okay, I can't even get the birds interested in these. I thought they would like the colors and the bird seed and the premium JIF peanut butter I gave them. I have yet to see a bird even fly over to check them out. What is going on here?? I'm giving it a few more days and then these are going in the trash before the orange peels start to rot.

Total cost: $0, everything I already had.

Total time: 20 minutes

Final verdict: Total bust. The link has some other ideas I may try in the future, but this one is o.u.t.

No comments:

Post a Comment