Tuesday, February 7, 2012

463

463. That is how many pins I have on my Pinterest pinboard. I love combing through the pinboards I am following. I love finding things on the internet so I can pin them for my friends. I spend a lot of time playing on this website. However, how many of these pins have I actually got around to doing? Not really sure, but I am going to give a rough estimate of 20. That doesn't seem like much considering the time spent on the pinning work.

I am giving myself a challenge. I first thought "I'll do a pin a day." (Totally inspired by New Dress a Day here.) But being a mother of young children, working part time, I didn't want to set myself up for failure. So I have decided "five pins a week." If I can do five pins a week, I should get a lot of pins done, right? I think that is reasonable. I usually spend at least an hour a day mindlessly trolling facebook, playing iPhone, etc. This time is now devoted to actual productive activities.

The great thing with pinning is that there is such a variety of things to choose from. On busier work days, perhaps my pin will be a new dinner--something I will be making anyway for the family. Also, I am not above repeating pins I have already done. For the purpose of this blog, I don't plan to post repetitive projects, but I may redo ones I have done before I assigned myself this challenge. One that comes to mind is a particular soap I made for the boys bathroom. I love it so much, and it was super easy, that when it is gone I will be refilling it. You can start looking forward to that post now.

I am going to try to document it here. I probably won't share this blog with anyone until I have a good two weeks under my belt to see if I can actually do it. My hope is that it will get my creative juices flowing again and I can start sharing some of my original projects as well. Maybe I can shoot for one or two original projects a month once I have established myself as actually acomplishing this goal.

So. . . here we go. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have a couple thousand pins (eek!) and started a pin board called Pins I've Tried (or something like that) to catalog which ones were hits and which were misses. I am not motivated enough to blog about it ;) Off to follow you on Pinterest now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I've sat here and read the entire thing. What a great idea. I have tons of pictures of stuff I intended to blog about, but never got around to it.

    I currently have 2,635 pins. I also have a board called Pins I've Actually Used. It only has 38 pins in it. Sad. I have been inspired the past few days to do more of the pins. You have inspired me even further. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete